Wednesday, July 13, 2011

It's Wednesday, I'm bored, and I am willing to proofread your business documents

Let’s talk staying at home. Last week was my last day at my crazy job. And it has definitely been blissful to not have to worry about all of the problems that I have thought about for the past four years. The first couple of days were great- lunches and dinners with friends, facials (side bar- I freaking heart facials so much- if you have not had one you have not lived so I suggest you get that handled), etc. Now I am finding myself missing the whole sitting at a desk and getting things done routine. This is what I am good at. I am good at writing great emails and documents and solving client issues. I am good at bossing my team around (let’s face it- everybody in the world has known since I was about 3 years old that I would someday get paid to boss people around- it just comes naturally to me). At home there is no one to boss around. Well, there is Lucky (the dog) but she isn’t doing anything but lying around so that is pointless. I am not so much for the household type errands. On Monday I had to go to the post office and I had to give myself a pep talk about it just to get over there. So this is how I find myself on the middle of a beautiful Wednesday afternoon blogging (and pretty successfully putting off statistics), wishing that I could be a consultant or something-just for a couple of days. I need a project- and not a craft (which never turn out as I had hoped anyways), an actual business project. If you know of one of these that needs a smart fun girl to help them out- send them my way!

1 comment:

Angie said...

SO glad you are back to blogging! I am the same as you. Crafts are fun and all but not the type of "project" I enjoy and am GOOD at. I need work. Business related work. I'll try and think of or find something for you. :) If you didn't get an invite to my blog shoot me an email (kajbell3@gmail.com) and I'll send you an invite. We haven't talked in so long so I'm glad I can at least blog stalk you. PS, you are beautiful!

-Angie (Waite) Bell